Simple solution for mounting an Ecoflow River/Max.

I got frustrated with options to hang my Ecoflow River Max/Pro on a stand to power a monitor on location. I had used some paracord to hang it from the riser knob or a combination of mafer and Cardellini clamp but those were both clunky and annoying. I even toyed with designing a custom aluminum bracket. However, one day I was strolling through a local home center I found a great solution, this hanger meant for use to hand tools in a garage. It's the perfect fit when paired with the Ecoflow and a mafer/super clamp. I did have to drill out the existing hole in the hanger to use a 1/4-20 screw to mount it.

Initially, I mounted it directly to the 1/4-20 female hole found on a mafer/super clamp. 

But, after the first time on set I realized I didn't want to dedicate a clamp for this and have some flexibility. So then I added a 5/8 hex pin and a bit of loc-tite to the hanger. Not sure where I got this exact one but it was in my box of hardware and did the job. 



I did find a similar hanger with the same dimensions available on Amazon as well. Other than the hanger and hex pin that you probably have laying around, all you need is a 1/4-20 screw and washer and potentially a step bit to drill out the existing hole depending on which hanger you end up with. I'm glad I was able to solve a problem with such a cheap and simple part. Designing a custom part from the ground up isn't always needed sometimes the solution is just waiting there to be assembled. 

If you would like to support the efforts of the blog you can donate here or here.